REQUIREMENTS FOR BAPTISM:
- You must PRE-Register in person at the Church Office PRIOR to attending the PRE-baptismal classes. Space is limited. Registrations are not done by phone.
- After the classes have been taken, please refer to the attached form for further information on the REQUIREMENTS
- Children who are seven (7) years old or older must go through the Religious Education Program before baptism.
- If the father or the mother of the child does not live with the child, please bring in a notarized authorization letter in which he/she gives permission for the baptism to take place.
- The Pre-Baptismal Classes are offered on the second and fourth Monday of every month in English and every Monday in Spanish. You must arrive by 7:45 pm to sign in. Classes start punctually at 8:00 pm and run to 10:00 pm.
- No one will be allowed in the classes once they start.
- If any one of the parents and/or godparents does not reside in Miami, that person can assist a pre-baptismal class in any Parish in their area. After receiving the class, that person must bring in a letter or the certificate from that parish stating that he/she received the pre-baptismal class.
- This must be done prior to reserving the baptism. If any one of them does not received the class prior to separating the baptism date, the child CANNOT be baptized. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING CHILDREN TO THE PRE-BAPTISMAL CLASS, THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSES
INFORMATION CONCERNING THE GODPARENTS
- The child may only have two godparents.
- It should be a man and a woman or one of them.
- The godparents must be older than 16 years of age
- and must be CONFIRMED (Sacrament) and practicing Catholics
- If godparents are married, they must be married by catholic church
INFORMATION CONCERNING THE PARENTS
The parents must present the following documents to reserve the date of baptism:
- The original birth certificate of the child
- The pre-baptismal course certificate of both parents and godparents
INFORMATION CONCERNING THE CEREMONY
- Only eight children are baptized during community baptism
- They are held in Spanish every Sunday at 2:30 pm
- English on the last Sunday of the month at 3:30 pm
- These baptisms are celebrated in the main church.
FAMILY ONLY BAPTISMS (PRIVATE)
- Baptisms for one child are celebrated every Saturday and Sunday in the Chapel depending on availability.
- These baptisms can be either in English or Spanish.
- The hour and date of the baptism will be chosen in the office depending on the availability of the chapel and the needs of those interested.
- The baptism will be done by a deacon or priest assigned by our Pastor.